Thursday, March 12, 2009

More on Fighting in the NHL

There's a good story in the Calgary Herald about a tough guy that got KO'd by drugs and alcohol. This is a really well written story and it really gives you a side of the story that you don't hear much.
While Brantt Myhres takes pains to take responsibility, repeatedly, for his actions, he also makes a very distinct connection between fighting and substance abuse in the NHL. Here is where I find issue with his logic. Now, I have to say that I know a little bit about what I'm talking about here. Frankly, when you are a substance abuser, LIFE, all of life, anything in life is a cause/reason/trigger for your problem. I have a tough time just accepting the fighter = substance-abuser equation that Myhres presents.
In other headlines: Burke will fight anyone, blah blah blah and La-Rock-em-Sock-em thinks Bettman is trying take his job. So, is it just me that would like to see the three of them locked in a room?
Posted by: From the Point

No comments:

Post a Comment