Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CBC’s Battle of the Blades

It’s time to come clean. It’s time to admit that I really do like it. I’m a clandestine aficionado of figure skating. It’s true, I admit it. Whew, now that that is out in the open, I’m really glad that this blog is anonymous!
Ha! You thought I was going to say I felt relieved to finally admit that? No way! I’ll take un-measurable amounts of horse-pucky for this!
I’m a long time fan of the entertaining and notorious Tanya Harding. I used to love watching Elvis Stojko and Scott Hamilton, great skaters! And Nancy Kerrigan was nothing but a whiner. Her second place finish in ’94 was surely the result of charity points. Oksana Baiul kicked her ass and it’s arguable that Chen Lu should have had the Silver. But anyway…that was a long time ago and I don’t follow it like I used to.
Nonetheless, the reason I must confess is this new show on the CBC, “Battle of the Blades”. I remember hearing about it a while back and feeling a bit disappointed that it wasn’t going to be shown in the US. Tie Domi, Bob Probert and Claude Lemieux are on this show. Are you kidding me?
Fortunately Puck Daddy is on it and posted some video!

Here’s Domi dancing with a fan back in the day…

Probert...is really bad!

Now let’s be clear. Dancing with the Stars has never held any appeal for me; this is all about the ridiculous pairing of figure skaters and hockey skaters.
Next episode will feature Don Cherry as a celebrity judge. Cherry will surely take on a Simon Cowell type of role and will certainly liven up the panel of judges.
-From the Point

1 comment:

  1. Picture yourself receiving a ration of horse-puckey!! However, this is awesome! I laughed so hard...I hope we get to see more.

    ReplyDelete