Monday, November 16, 2009

Five for Fighting Monday

Definition of a true teammate: anyone that will stand up for Tyler Arnason. Dion Phaneuf knocks Arny on his ass. Never mind that Arny was mesmerized by his own puck handling skills. Haha! But seriously, it was just an excuse for Lappy to go with one of the most hated players outside of Detroit. Thanks for beating the snot outta Phaneuf, Lappy!
Readers, I hope you knock the snot out of your week!

It was the last game of the season and the Avs won, 6-3. Joe Sakic scored the go-ahead goal in the third, giving him 100 points for the season. Sakic, 37 years young, became the second-oldest player in NHL history to reach 100 points. The oldest was some guy known as Mr. Hockey. Joe was the first star, Lappy the second. Those guys are gone, but the Avs will still be kicking some butt tomorrow night.
-From the Point

2 comments:

  1. I was at that game. As the fight started, I stood up and yelled, "Whip his ass!" That was a first for me. I still reference that game when I tell people what a punk Dion Phaneuf is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tapeleg
    Haha! That's pretty funnny! I think you got your wish.

    ReplyDelete