Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The NFL Reads Real Denver Sports? Awesome!

Here is a post I put up back in early December of 2009.  Besides a variety of complaints I have about the NFL, I addressed specifically the OT problem that every one knows the NFL has/had.  To my utter surprise and delight, I might add, the new OT rule sounds a LOT like the one I suggested.

Here is how Yahoo! says the new rule will work:
The league on Tuesday changed its overtime rules for postseason games. Starting next season, if a team wins the coin toss and then kicks a field goal, the other team gets the ball. If that next series ends with another field goal, play will continue under the current sudden-death rules.

If the team winning the toss immediately scores a touchdown, however, the game is over.

Here is my text:
First team to get a TD wins. However, there is still value in getting a field goal. Why? Because if neither team gets a TD, the game is still over after one quarter, but it isn't a tie unless the score is still tied. So if team A gets to the 30 and the drive stalls, they can kick a field goal to collect 3 points.
Glad to see someone is reading this thing!  Hehehe 
-From the Point

No comments:

Post a Comment