Monday, March 29, 2010

Five for Fighting Monday - The Gordie Howe Hat Trick

Since I am such a big fan of the Gordie Howe Hat Trick I feel obligated to put the latest such feat up on the blog this morning.  But I'm not happy about it.  And why would any Avs fan be happy about seeing our Avs taking a beat down?  I couldn't find a video of all three aspects of the GHHT so here is just the fight.
If you look closely you will see that besides a half dozen punches that Pyatt delivers, he also takes Stewie's lunch money.



That right there is about how the whole game went.  About how the whole last week has gone for our Colorado Avalanche.
Who would have thought the stupid desert dogs would be spanking the Avs with a 6-2 win at this time of the year? 
Oh, and Wolski has scored twice on the Avs since the trade, but why the hell is he getting some much space out there on the ice?  Both of those goals, Wolski had all day to put that puck right where he wanted.  Terrible!
As you can tell I'm a bit frustrated with the Avs right now.  I think I just knew the game was going to go downhill once I saw Pyatt beat up Stewie.  Pyatt has about one fight a year.  ONE!  And he made Stewie look like a punk.  No one has beat Stewie all year so I'm sure that it affected the Avs mentally to see him get popped like that.
I don't care what other Avs fans say, this might have been a good time for David Koci be out there exacting a little revenge to get the bench fired up. 

-From the Point

No comments:

Post a Comment