Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bandwagon Hopping – Let’s Go Flyers!

The Hawks have too many guys with goalie numbers that aren’t goalies. It’s weird to see all those jersey’s in the 30’s range skating around out there. I’m pretty sure there is something fishy going on. Might involve a plot!

You may find me a despicable sports fan. The worst kind of all. Showing no loyalty except to the almighty “W” of winning. But the age of free agency is now and is the players can move and change their loyalties. Why can’t I?

In my post HERE I explained why I was on the Hawks wagon. But frankly I still can’t stand coach Q. I naturally root for ANY goalie (Niemi) to overcome the poor goalie-handling of the Stache. And I do like Dustin Byfuglien.

But it just isn’t enough.

Not when Ian Laperriere is on the other team.

Yep. That’s it. One guy is all it takes. The right guy. A guy like Lappy.


If Lappy has played in your town you understand. And I know there are other guys in this league that have that kind of following. But this is the guy that has played in my town and I’m more of a loyalty guy than is probably good for me. But that’s the way I am.

Sure, this “fan” is hopping wagons. I can see why people do it. But lets get something straight here. I’m an Avalanche fan through and through. This is just the fickle post-season machinations of an emotionally scarred Colorado fan.

-From the Point

1 comment:

  1. Scott, I just can't bring myself to comment on this. Really. But, I can get over it. I've seen the Cup all over town, and was at the airport at 4am when Toews carried it off the plane!

    ReplyDelete